You will be lying if you say that you don’t want to look youthful and graceful forever. No, you are not alone – this is what is wished by all of us.
But as it goes – all of us are not so lucky. As we age, our skin starts looking dull and loses its charm.
To help you out, here we have compiled a list of the best anti-aging ingredients that your skin needs to look radiant and younger.
Antioxidants play a vital role in keeping your skin healthy. You can obtain antioxidants from vitamins A, C, and E. Other sources of antioxidants include grape extract, pomegranate extract, green tea, and the like.
How do Antioxidants Help?
- Let your skin get over the damage caused by the environment
- Enhance the look and feel of your skin by making it firmer
- Calm stressed skin
When it comes to the anti-aging regime, we can’t stress enough about the importance of sunscreen. About 75% of skin aging is caused by exposure to the sun, and this is why it is recommended to apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen rated at least SPF 30.
How Sunscreen Helps?
- Provides shield against both UVA and UVB rays
- Decreases the visibility of wrinkles, redness, and fine lines
- Helps preserve the substances in the skin responsible for its youth which are otherwise depleted with the prolonged exposure to the sun
Alpha Hydroxy Acids
Alpha hydroxyl acids not only delay the natural aging process of your skin but also exfoliate it gently and smoothly. These acids also stimulate natural collagen and work wonders for your skin.
These are a group of natural and synthetic ingredients that address various underlying skin conditions. Some of these acids include glycolic acid, lactic acid, malic acid, tartaric acid, citric acid, mandelic acid, and the like.
How do Alpha Hydroxy Acids Help?
- Exfoliate your skin
- Brighten your skin visibly
- Promote the natural production of collagen
- Reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Enhance the blood flow to the skin
You must have heard about retinol by various dermatologists. It is useful for your skin, and this is why it is also included in most anti-aging products. Essentially, retinol is a derivative of vitamin A and promotes the production of healthy skin cells.
How do Retinol Help?
- Prevents pigmentations
- Promotes the production of healthy skin cells
- Prevents acne
Also known as nicotinamide and vitamin B3, niacinamide is a water-soluble vitamin that optimizes the size of your skin pores and helps you get rid of fine lines, uneven skin tone, wrinkles, and dullness.
This important anti-aging ingredient also helps in reducing the drastic impact of environmental factors on your skin.
How do Niacinamide Help?
- Renews and restores the natural texture of the skin
- Enhances the production of natural substances responsible for the goodness of skin
- Hydrates your skin
- Helps you get rid of tight and flaky patches
The Next Steps
Aging is inevitable, however, you can choose to age gracefully by using skin products containing the anti-aging ingredients mentioned above.
What are your views on this? Did we miss any important ingredient that you believe should be included? Let us know in the comments below.